Faculty & Staff
Faculty and Staff need to register with the WVU Alert system to begin receiving alert messages.
To create a Faculty or Staff account:
- Visit the WVU Alert Login page and click on the "SIGN UP" link near the top right corner.
- Complete the sign up form and click "Create Account".
- Enter and validate your cell phone number and email address when prompted, or click on the "Services" tab, if necessary, to enter and validate this information. Validation is required to activate delivery of alert messages to your phone and e-mail address.
When validating your cell phone number:
You must have your cell phone available to complete the process. A validation code will be sent to your phone via SMS text message. Enter the validation code where prompted, and click the “Validate” button.
When validating your email address:
Ensure that you have access to your e-mail account. An email message including a validation link will be sent to the email address you specify. Click the validation link in the message to complete the validation process.
To update your account information:
- Visit the WVU Alert Login and sign in using the account you created.
- Click the "Services" tab to update your email or phone number and carrier.
- Click the "Account" tab to update your password or terminate your service.